OH YA! FIRST RECIPE! WOHOO! Yep, so I think this recipe was the start of my health obsessiveness. It was my first EVER recipe... that I remember... that I created...MYSELF! I woke up one morning craving something sweet, except of course, I didn't want to start the morning off with ice cream or somethin' like that. I was obsessed with this bar company called Perfect Bar , and I loved to eat their bars ALL the time. However, that morning when I woke up, craving something sweet, we were out of Perfect Bars! Great timing right? Yep. So, right then, I decided to create my version of the "PERFECT BAR". And that leads us here...
Alright, so here we are. I am just warning you that this bar is truly life changing... or at least for me it was! But hopefully it will be for you as well...! SO, HERE'S "MY PERFECT BAR"...
- 1C rolled oats
- 2 TBSP chia seeds
- ¼ TSP salt
- 2 TBSP coconut shreds
- 2 TBSP hemp seeds
- 3 TBSP coconut oil
- 1-2 TBSP of maple syrup, depending on taste
- 2 TBSP of soft, creamy peanut butter (if allergic, sunflower seed butter tastes just as good!!)
- 5 dates (soaked, pitted and chopped finely)
- 1 TSP vanilla extract
- In a small bowl, soak dates in warm water for 5 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, combine/mix all dry ingredients together.
- Combine coconut oil, maple syrup, PB, and dates in a small sauce pan and mix on low heat.
- Once ingredients are mix well, turn the burner up to medium heat until you see bubbles forming, then take the pan off of the burner. Right after, pour the vanilla into the mixture, and mix.
- Then, pour the slightly cooled liquid into the dry ingredients and mix together until the dry ingredients are fully covered.
- Put a piece of parchment on a cookie sheet, then pour and spread out the mixture in a square-ish shape until it is ¼ inch thick. Put the cookie sheet in the freezer for at least 30 minutes. Then, take the sheet out, and cut into desired sizes that form bars.
- Eat and enjoy!!!... and remember to keep them in the fridge!
I hope you all love them , just as much as I do!