THIS GUY... Yum! This was super, super, super good... and know... its not only for the winter. Yes, usually you might think you can only eat oatmeal in the winter, since it heats you up and all, but not this guy! ALL YEAR:)
- 1C almond milk
- 1/2C rolled oats
- 1TSP cinnamon
- 1-2TBSP maple syrup
- 1TSP organic vanilla extract
- 1/4C One Degree Organic Foods brown rice crisp
- 2TBSP coconut shreds
- 1TBSP cacao nibs
- 1-2TSP cacao powder
- 1/2 medium sized banana
- Blueberry compote - see directions.
- Either the day before, or earlier in the morning, make the compote. All you have to do combine blueberries, and sugar (and some maple syrup) in a sauce pan, and let it cook until it makes almost this goop. Then you let it cool, put it in a container, and throw it in the fridge.
- In sauce pan, combine almond milk, rolled oats, cinnamon, maple syrup and vanilla. Stir together on medium/high-ish heat for 5 minutes. Once to your desired heat, put the oats in a bowl and top with banana, cacao powder + nibs and the blueberry compote. Just wait until you mix it together... SO PRETTY!
THIS RECIPE is a keeper for sure. Yum.